Friday, October 1, 2010

The Sweater Experiment

I have always wanted to make a sweater, but have been too intimated by them to ever try. That is, until this summer. We went on a family vacation to Door County, Wisconsin in late July and that gave me a chance to visit one of my favorite yarn stores, Red Sock Yarns, in Fish Creek. While looking at all the yummy yarn the owner of the store (Jenny) noticed my interest in a yarn she was using to make a gorgeous sweater. She showed me the sweater and I just loved it. After showing me the pattern and hearing about what I've knit in the past, she encouraged me to try it. So I'm trying it.

The pattern is Montera Heathered Tuck Bodice Cardigan and is designed by Pam Allen. I'm planning on starting it tomorrow when I meet some of my knitting buddies at a local yarn shop. I'm still a bit intimidated by the idea of a sweater, but the yarn is so lovely and the idea of a new warm sweater so inviting that I find I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment